The use of your personal data is primarily for the general administration of AsiaDPO and its activities. We do not sell, disclose or retain personal data for secondary uses. We do not collect sensitive personal data such as government identification numbers without your explicit consent and only if required by law.
As an AsiaDPO member, we are only interested in your individual participation as DPO in the society. We have no interest in building a personal profile of you. We do recognise we are part of an ecosystem that may collect anonymised data about your visit to this Site or may follow or track your web usage. We have zero interest in this, and we do not trade off your privacy for the objectives of AsiaDPO and its members.
1. Collection of your personal data
We collect personal data which you submit to us via firstname.lastname@example.org and this website. This may include your name, contact address, phone number, email address and contact preferences. Your personal data may also be submitted to us via third parties. If you are submitting personal data on behalf of another individual, you represent to us that you have obtained permission to do so from that individual. For example, an individual applying for corporate membership may submit personal data on behalf of a nominated colleagues or an individual may refer another individual for membership.
Except as described in this Policy, we do not share or disclose your personal data to third parties.
When you browse this Site without logging into the members’ area, we do not capture any data that allows us to identify you individually. We may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal data for various purposes related to AsiaDPO’s activities, for example aggregated data that is used to help us improve this Site or understand members’ interests in our activities. If we do combine non-personal data with personal data, the combined information will be treated as personal data for as long as it remains combined.
2. What we use your personal data for
- Process your membership application and maintain your account on this Site.
- Manage and administer all activities of AsiaDPO.
- Send you information about AsiaDPO events, activities and news, if you are an AsiaDPO member or have otherwise requested for such information.
- Share with selected partners who collaborate with or provide services to AsiaDPO, to the extent necessary for the collaboration or services provision.
- Comply with all applicable laws or regulations and requests from local or foreign authorities.
- If you contact us via e-mail, via this Site, or through any other means, we may use and retain such correspondence and the information contained therein to respond to your inquiry or request.
- We do not store your personal data for longer than necessary after termination of membership, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
3. Access and correction of your personal information
It is your responsibility to ensure that the personal data you provide us is accurate and up-to-date. Any requests to access or correct your personal data may be directed to the AsiaDPO President (email@example.com) or AsiaDPO Secretariat (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Effective date: October 2017
5. Contacting Us